Robertson Aircraft Corporation was formed in October 1956 to build a four seat vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by two supercharged 340 hp Lycoming GSO-480 engines. The wing had a sliding flap system with a double-slotted full span trailing edge flap providing all control. The flaps were retracted into the low aspect ratio wing for horizontal flight. All fuel and oil were carried in wing tip tanks which also acted as endplates. This capped the wing "buckets" and should have improved cruise efficiency.
The aircraft made a tethered flight on 8 January 1957 but was not pursued.
ource: AHS V/STOL Wheel
Design authority: Robertson Aircraft Corporation
Primary manufacturer: Robertson Aircraft Corporation
Parent type: No type defined
Aircraft status: No longer flying
VTOL type: Other Powered Lift
Compound type: N/A
Lift devices: 2 in Deflected slipstream configuration
Dedicated control device: 2 Other
Crew required: 1 in Side-by-side arrangement
Landing gear: Wheels (non-retractable)